Crimson Starlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimson Starlight

Welcome to the Edge of the Internet. Everything you wanted to know about anything, could be found here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Theron

OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. Empty
PostSubject: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Update. The weapon posts are completed as of right now! all 130 entries so far are in place and this is a good thing, right?

I read the entry in the RDI and....it was alright I guess but it didn't make sense to me? I thought we were supposed to be remaking these things from the bottom up in our own image, and not compare it to what it was before? Like as reimagination type deal? Let me know whats going on. I've got some entries I wanna post but I wanna do it right!

T.
Back to top Go down
CM

CM

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:30 pm

So like.... I remember a certain panther mentioning something about copyright/courtesy that if anyone used the RhyDin or Red Dragon Inn (maybe both I don't remember) as it is on the DM sites, that he wanted at least a link to the DM sight to reference it. I will have to look that up. But I think he was hinting that because they created the scenario on DM, that they have some kind of, or limited, copyrights to it as it is.

Again, I have to look that up or anyone can because it was posted on the DM sight boards. I think within the last 3 or 4 months. I know it was after June, maybe July... thinking more like August or September.

Anyway, because of that I would suggest making your RhyDin your own creation based off sites like AOL and DM. Based off of doesn't mean just like it but it gives credit to the original creators. I just don't want to see anything bad happen because of copy right issues. So please look into it.

I also did a google search on the name RhyDin. Here are some results I found.

Urban Legends

Rules of RhyDin

Anyone remember this place? - Dark Oasis

Greater Realms

As you can see, there are other sites with RhyDin and they at least reference the one on AOL as what they based theirs on - you know that whole thing about the nexus and how RhyDin City exists in many worlds? That. I didn't look through the whole search result, but it seems AOL is the biggest reference of origin. You'd probably get DM sight if you did a search on Red Dragon Inn.

In other words, it would probably be a good idea to at least reference AOL when it comes to RhyDin. It might even be considered the right thing to do to give credit to the DM sight as well, simply because those that made DM had a huge hand in making the Red Dragon Inn and RhyDin what it was on AOL. I know some might not like my suggestion, and I understand why, but I think it would be the right thing to do. Please, consider my suggestion carefully.
Back to top Go down
BeautifulTragedy

BeautifulTragedy

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:56 pm

I didn't know that Rhy'Din was in the Urban Dictionary. The Rules Of Rhy'Din I knew about. Anyway...I'll play around with it and modify it some. I'll also add a link and a disclaimer letting the public know that it's not my own creation but just my perception on it. Thanks for the advice CM! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chaotic_sadist
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:13 am

I was going to rant and rave about how evil and pathetic they were for doing this to me over..nothing.

But instead, I'll do something different.

I'll make my own disclaimer....And I'll be sure to give all the creators exactly the credit I think they deserve.

You talked me into doing the right thing....I'll do it tonight after work.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://crimsonstarlight.forumotion.net
BeautifulTragedy

BeautifulTragedy

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Oh! I like his disclaimer! -Points to Chaos and nod nods.- It's better than mine! ^_^ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chaotic_sadist
Theron

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:23 am

I like it. Rhydin is a multi dimensional place so the same places can exist. Knowing Bob he has something else in mind for this So I don't see anything wrong with it. Chances are its never going to be anything more then a side project anyways. But. I like it. The place is looking good. Since this place is so small its unlikely anybody will see alot of it anyways either.

I will start posting my Dragon entries pretty soon!

Good luck to one and all lol.

Thanks Bob, for not completely vanishing.
Back to top Go down
CM

CM

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:38 am

Be careful who you lump into They. i"m sure it wasn't everyone.

So, by the current status of the Disclaimer, you're not giving credit to AOL? Yet, It's clear to me you are using it as a base and some things, by links in this sight even, that you are using DM as well.

Chaos... check your PM. We need to converse privately.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:59 am

Disclaimer Updated.
Back to top Go down
CM

CM

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:09 pm

Chaos wrote:
Disclaimer Updated.

Okay, that's it!!

I have to do this....

Sorry... Hope you forgive me. If not, too bad. Razz

So here goes.

::Pounce Bob-mun, HUGGLE::

That was awesomely better! Laughing cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
CM

CM

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:51 pm

okay, back to bidness..

Disclaimer- It might be a good idea to have people give some kind of credit to the people who did the artwork that gets posted here. Like at least give the name of artist and maybe even a link from where they got it from... Just like with written works that get posted here.

Character Template - I like how you redefined these and gave them a sort of background how they fit in your version of RhyDin. Will this be all that's allowed to play in this RhyDin? Like, you know how the RhyDin of AOL allowed anything from anywhere.. Minitors and Jedi living together and all that. Is that still true with this RhyDin? Or will there be a barrier of sorts that limits or blocks travel through the Nexus, thus the reason why all these creature types have developed how they have. Does the Nexus still function in this place?
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:27 am

Artists, yeah. I've had most of these pictures for so long that I have no idea where I got most of them anymore. Deviant art is the place I search for the pictures. So if you use one, I guess just post a link, yeah that works.

As for the nexus and other details. I'm working on all of that still. The character templates came from all kinds of places. D&D and stuff like that that. It's all pretty basic, each one of the races native to Rhydin need to be expanded upon. It's still very much a work in progress.

Glad you liked the updated thingy, you are forgiven.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.   OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC Stuff for a new Rhydin.
Page 1 of 1