Crimson Starlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimson Starlight

Welcome to the Edge of the Internet. Everything you wanted to know about anything, could be found here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

10 year old afraid of the dark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VampLuvr

10 year old afraid of the dark Empty
PostSubject: 10 year old afraid of the dark   10 year old afraid of the dark I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:50 am

My ten year old boy has recently taken up a fear of the dark. It isn't just the dark really its monsters and the girl from the grudge. He worries about such things like Dolls coming to life and such. He is afraid during the day too but not quite as bad. He won't even take a shower without me being in the bathroom to protect him. I stood outside the door this morning so he could undress and get in the shower before I went in. He was terrified and said "Mom it only takes a couple of seconds to kill someone!" I told him to be brave and jump in the shower I would be right outside the door. At night it gets worse, he is terrified especially if it is raining. If he wakes up in the middle of the night he wakes up his sister so he doesn't have to be alone. I have let him watch scary movies because they never really bothered him before. This whole thing is recent. It is like he took all the horror movies he ever watched and decided that they were all real. I have tried the simple things like its not real and try to think of something else. Showing him there is nothing to be afraid of... My boyfriend suggested that I find some kind of charm and tell him that it wards off evil stuff and will protect him.. so that is what I will do tonight.. Hopefully it works.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
BeautifulTragedy

BeautifulTragedy

10 year old afraid of the dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 year old afraid of the dark   10 year old afraid of the dark I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:52 pm

A charm does sound like a good idea. I personally have a dream catcher hanging above my bed. I don't know whether or not it is simple belief but it does seem to do the trick. Hm...I would also suggest a night light. Or keeping the closet/bathroom light on and leaving the door slightly ajar. That's what my parents used to do when I was little. I would also suggest laying off on the horror movies for a while. That and some video games. I myself don't have kids but this is what my parents did when I suddenly became afraid of the dark. Then again it didn't help that my old house, especially my room, is legitimately haunted. Hm...Maybe I should post that somewhere? Anyway...I know it's not much but hopefully it helps. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chaotic_sadist

10 year old afraid of the dark
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Starlight :: Original Blood :: General Stuff.-
Jump to: