Crimson Starlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimson Starlight

Welcome to the Edge of the Internet. Everything you wanted to know about anything, could be found here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Fan Fiction.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

A Fan Fiction. Empty
PostSubject: A Fan Fiction.   A Fan Fiction. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:11 am

OK....Disclaimer. Obviously I did not invent Prototype. Or Fallout 3. There ya go.

Prologue-1

October, 23rd. 2077 is a day that I will never forget.

My name is Alex Mercer, and many years before this I woke up dead. Woke up changed into something more then human, yet at the same time less. Practically the prototype for a mad organization who was trying to develop a super virus to make ultimate soldiers. Because of me they would never realize their dream. For sixty years I hunted them, and people like them down, but even one as powerful as me could not get them all.

It seemed that the events of the world were on my side, it seemed that way as everything began to break down. The natural resources of the world began to fail. Oil was becoming dried up. People clamored for more and more and there was even less to be had. I remember that hot summer back in 65' when they damn near put a nuclear power plant into a meltdown because the power drain was so high. New York City was my home, I had defended, and terrorized it all at the same time. But I left that summer. I left because the impossible range of human greed was too much for my mind. I had wanted to kill them all, but sometimes after I killed these miserable creatures, their memories would live on inside me.

I abandoned my home town and basically became a super human wanderer. Paying attention to the news from time to time, the words "Nuclear war" and "Vault" was used far too often. Humans, the rich, the intelligent scientists and those deemed worth saving would be placed into these giant traps when the time came. In 2066 the Chinese army invaded Alaska. Thus forming, after a long series of trying events for the world the last and greatest struggle for the last natural resources in the world. The Anchorage front line was created. This battleground finally took what ever remained of the manpower looking for me away, for somethings so horrible at least a little good can come out of it. I was able to exist in any form I chose to, and live in relative peace.

This state of the world would last for awhile. New viruses came from the dark depths of the world, ones based on the stuff we did so long ago, but this was closer to perfection. So incredibly close to perfect that it even sent a small spike of terror down my spine. The gates of Hell were creaking open, the fires were reaching out to consume us all. I remember it well.

After nearly ten years of violence and horror, on January 10, 2077 the Americans with the use of their power armor, defeat the Chinese and reclaim Alaska. But it is a bittersweet victory. The battle used up much of the remaining resources, and riots ensue in the streets. The power armor, for the first time is used on it's own people as a method control them. I, myself am responsible for trashing a few of these tin can monsters before they could kill others.

The rest of this year is mostly a panic worthy of any great story about the end of the world. But this year would be the end. It was a Saturday, the morning sun was bright in the sky. October 23, 2077 would be a day I could never forget. When it happened I was in between two major cities. I forget what they were now. I suppose It really doesn't matter anymore. For the next two hours..I remember the radioactive hellstorm eating and changing everything it touched. My flesh had survived this before, barely. So I had the good fortune of being able to survive through this holocaust.

I awoke, the only living thing in one hundred miles. I was covered in white, radioactive ashes. They covered everything like it was snow. Humanity had finally gone and done it. They destroyed everything that ever was, and nothing would ever be the same again.

I was Alex Mercer, Now I am simply alone. And I would remain that way for the next two hundred years or so. Immortality bites

Prologue-2: Coming Soon.
Back to top Go down
https://crimsonstarlight.forumotion.net
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

A Fan Fiction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Fan Fiction.   A Fan Fiction. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:17 am

Prologue 2

The same. It was always the same in those early days. The steel walls of the Vault, my prison that kept me safe from the horrible world of the outside, the fabled "Wasteland." For most of my life I would never see it but, knowing it existed and dreadful tales my dad told me at bed time kept be a believer. But it was someplace I would never want to go to. The Vault was my life, and my life would be served in the interest of the vault. It seemed like a fair trade.

I saw my first monster, it was a giant Bug. Somehow the beast had made its way into the vault and my dad awarded me my first weapon, a simple BBgun to be exact. With my new cobbled together weapon, my aim was true enough to bring the mutant's life to a close. It was a huge cockroach, but I killed it just the same. I didn't tell anybody this but the sight of the monster instilled a deep fear in me of the outside world. If this monster lived out there, is surely had to be the worst monster that could exist, it was the only one I had seen. The fact that I killed it didn't let me sleep better at night.

Sometime later I awoke to a wicked noise, an alarm. Something was terribly wrong and sleeping no longer seemed to be an issue anymore. I had to check it out and see what was going on. I quickly learned that the impossible had happened, and worse. It happened to me. My father, the scientist, decided to bolt, and escape the Vault. As surprising as this was, it all became worse when somehow all of this blame would fall on me! The overseer soon was dispatching his security team to get me, hold me responsible for this mess somehow. I always believed this guy was insane but now he was just proving it. I had to get out or die in this place and there was only one place to go, outside.

Most of the security teams were people I grew up with, and they too didn't exactly like the maniac they worked for, so instead of stopping me, they actually helped my escape plan. It wasn't long before my friends were able to get me out, but I couldn't take them with me, nor did I want to.

The second I stepped outside I got to see the sun for the first time in my eighteen years of life, it was painful. I was not used to the light, or anything else for that matter. I was helpless in the harsh world, but then a more terrifying thought came to mind. The thought of that bug in the Vault I killed, I was in it's world now and now it would surely take it's revenge on me. At once I was nearly overcome with fear but there was no where to go and I couldn't stay where I was. I had no choice but to move.

I remember taking every step carefully. I remember feeling watched with every step I took too, but there was nothing. It was dreadfully silent out here and that was worse. In the vault there was always the hum of some kind of machine running somewhere, here there was nothing, a painful silence that refused to relent. Eventually though I found Megaton.

Megaton was nothing more then a glorified and rusty pile of junk people called a town, they lived here, and they lived here with activated nuclear weapon. An unexploded Atomic bomb. Well, these were the poster children for crazy if they ever existed. But, nevertheless I eventually made friends here. Some of them were shady, but they kept out of my business well enough, and I didn't cause too much trouble.

Time moves on though, and I gained enough courage to move into the outer realms of the Wasteland. I had found terrors that made those bugs I first feared into a blessing to run into. I learned how to be a killer, and I did kill people, lots of people. Make no mistake though the ones I have dispatched were nothing short of monsters. They would have killed me and had destroyed many others before they met their end at my hands.

I never shot first against the humans, but the Mutated monsters of the wasteland were another story. Giant scorpions and killer crab men called Mirelurks made for challenging kills. The wasteland is filled with such horrors, I know them well by now but that doesn't make them any easier to kill. The ultimate hunter of the Wasteland has to be the Deathclaw. These things are so dangerous if I see them, I do my best to try and avoid them. They are as dangerous as they are hard to kill.

They call me the Lone Wanderer now. I am something of a mythical figure in these parts. I have killed and raided Slaver camps and Raider hideouts like the one man army I am and came out alive. Entire battalions of the Brotherhood of Steel have done worse. I am a killer of monsters and a protector of the innocent. I have managed to keep my Moral compass in this mangled place made by people of the past quite well. Some people don't believe it is possible for me to do these things, but because of this infernal machine on my arm, I have a huge advantage over people in that I can increase my reflexes and accuracy with nearly any weapon I can find. Most people, or anything else that comes after me is usually toast.

But now I come to my greatest challenge that I have heard about. The infamous Dunwich building is supposed to be haunted, and people do vanish here. And now I stand before this hateful place. I can feel something is dreadfully wrong here, or maybe it's just too different to be accepted as normal. Whatever the case I intend to find out what it is, and and how to stop it once and for all.

Fear is a good feeling to have, but so is courage, today is the day I start off the greatest challenge I might ever have if half of the stories I've heard about this place turn out to be true. Making my way to the front door, black and heavy, I push it open. It gives way easily

I get my old friend out, the Combat shotgun that always is reliable in close quarters like this and step into the consuming darkness, ready for anything that might come my way.
Back to top Go down
https://crimsonstarlight.forumotion.net

A Fan Fiction.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Starlight :: Altered Realities-
Jump to: